Monday, April 12, 2010


This photo was taken by David Hurn. I like this picture because of many reasons. The first reason is how the tree and what looks like a shed are both off center. The tree is on one-third of the photo. I also like how he captured the hugeness of the tree against the smallness of the shed. It is kind of like a big vs. little and it is a major contrast between the big tree and the little shed. I also really like how there are two sheep inside of the shed. Those two sheep are very random in my opinion and I think that they add some lightheartedness in the picture. Another reason I like the photo is how the background is foggy so it looks really dull and it makes your eye focus on the tree and the shed. There is another rule of thirds with the two-thirds land and the one-third sky. If you want to see more pictures that were taken by David Hurn you can click here: http://www.magnumphotos.com/archive/C.aspxVP3=ViewBox&ALID=2K7O3R135UHJ&IT=ThumbImage01_VForm&CT=Album

No comments:

Post a Comment